Some Helpful Tips from Dr. Hsu...
- Brush after every meal. A minimum of two minutes with the brush is needed for effective cleaning. If you can't, then pop a piece of sugarless gum in your mouth to stimulate saliva and help clean teeth surfaces.
- Be sure your toothbrush has soft bristles, and you'll need a new toothbrush every 3 months. Spend extra time on the back teeth along the gum line holding the bristles at a 45 degree angle pointing toward the gums.
- Use toothpaste with fluoride in it. Cleaning your teeth includes cleaning between your teeth. Make sure you floss before your final brush of the night.
- Avoid tobacco, coffee, dark syrup, sodas, red wine and blueberries - these all stain teeth quickly. Also avoid sticky, sugary foods.
- Eat raw vegetables, especially the crunchy ones (celery for example) to help clean your teeth and remove surface stains.
- Wear a mouth guard when playing active sports to protect your teeth from injury.
- And of course, establish regular continuing care visits to our office for ongoing professional care.
Useful tips for a healthy smile
Our office will be closed on the following dates:
- Jan 2 to 12
- Jan 25 to 26
- Feb 23 to Mar 8
- Mar 30 to Apr 14
- May 19 to 26
- Jul 14 to Jul 21